Saturday, October 20, 2007

The YMCA Finally Opened!!!!

Today was the big day and it is nice. There is a regular pool, a "water park" pool, super nice equipment and more. There was a sign up for two years saying a YMCA was being built, then they started building and that took another year and then we joined during an early special and then......the one bad thing. Apparently each Y gets its name from someone who gives a large donation and this one may have been named after one of my "sworn enemies". I can think of two big money folks with this last name and both are no good. It is the Perry Family YMCA. Now I'll plug a great website : http://www.impeachperry.com
I decided everytime I see the name I'll get mad and workout harder.
Anyways, they have neat stuff for kids and are considering activities for homeschoolers.

1 comment:

Crafty Mom said...

This is the one by our old house I believe. We were waiting for it to get started and it seemed like they pushed dirt around for months/ years at a time. Hope you guys are enjoying it. At least you have the weather to do lots of swimming.